Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Favor
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- something done or granted out of goodwill, rather than from justice or for remuneration; a kind act:to ask a favor.
- friendly or well-disposed regard; goodwill:to win the favor of the king.
- the state of being approved or held in regard:to be in favor at court; styles that are now in favor.
- excessive kindness or unfair partiality; preferential treatment:to treat some people with favor and others with neglect.
- a gift bestowed as a token of goodwill, kind regard, love, etc., as formerly upon a knight by his lady.
- a ribbon, badge, etc., worn in evidence of goodwill or loyalty, as by an adherent of a political party.
- a small gift or decorative or festive item, as a noisemaker or paper hat, often distributed to guests at a party.
- Usually favors. sexual intimacy, especially as permitted by a woman.
- Archaic. a letter, especially a commercial one.
verb (used with object)
- to regard with favor:to favor an enterprise.
- to prefer; treat with partiality:The father favored his younger son.
- to show favor to; oblige:The king favored him with an audience.
- to be favorable to; facilitate:The wind favored their journey.
- to deal with, treat, or use gently:to favor a lame leg.
- to aid or support:He favored his party’s cause with ample funds.
- to bear a physical resemblance to; resemble:to favor one’s father’s side of the family.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.