⇑ SIMPLY Click the banner to visit December’s prompt Page ⇑
Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Favor
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- something done or granted out of goodwill, rather than from justice or for remuneration; a kind act:to ask a favor.
- friendly or well-disposed regard; goodwill:to win the favor of the king.
- the state of being approved or held in regard:to be in favor at court; styles that are now in favor.
- excessive kindness or unfair partiality; preferential treatment:to treat some people with favor and others with neglect.
- a gift bestowed as a token of goodwill, kind regard, love, etc., as formerly upon a knight by his lady.
- a ribbon, badge, etc., worn in evidence of goodwill or loyalty, as by an adherent of a political party.
- a small gift or decorative or festive item, as a noisemaker or paper hat, often distributed to guests at a party.
- Usually favors. sexual intimacy, especially as permitted by a woman.
- Archaic. a letter, especially a commercial one.
verb (used with object)
- to regard with favor:to favor an enterprise.
- to prefer; treat with partiality:The father favored his younger son.
- to show favor to; oblige:The king favored him with an audience.
- to be favorable to; facilitate:The wind favored their journey.
- to deal with, treat, or use gently:to favor a lame leg.
- to aid or support:He favored his party’s cause with ample funds.
- to bear a physical resemblance to; resemble:to favor one’s father’s side of the family.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.
6 thoughts on “Your Daily Word Prompt – #Favor – #YDWordPrompt January 2, 2021”
Pingback: Return to Mystery Chamber. – Masons Mind Menagerie
Pingback: Morning Ritual | lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown
My parents had a dog called Favour. I wrote a guest post on him called The Door Dog, but sadly cannot reblog it as its already been done. He was thus called as my Dad did a favour for someone who couldn’t afford to pay him, so offered him a puppy instead. That puppy lived to be over 17.
Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.
Pingback: Pray for God’s Favor – Guarded Heart Tapestry