Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Excursion
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- a short trip or outing to some place, usually for a special purpose and with the intention of a prompt return:a pleasure excursion; a scientific excursion.
- a trip on a train, ship, etc., at a reduced rate:weekend excursions to mountain resorts.
- the group of persons making such a journey:an excursion of tourists.
- a deviation or digression:excursions into futile philosophizing.
- Physics. the displacement of a body or a point from a mean position or neutral value, as in an oscillation.
- an accidental increase in the power level of a reactor, usually forcing its emergency shutdown.
- the range of stroke of any moving part.
- the stroke itself.
- Obsolete. a sally or raid.
verb (used without object)
- to go on or take an excursion.
- of, relating to, or intended for use on excursions:an excursion fare; an excursion bus.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.