Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Write
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
verb (used with object), wrote or (Archaic) writ; writ·ten or (Archaic) writ; writ·ing.
- to trace or form (characters, letters, words, etc.) on the surface of some material, as with a pen, pencil, or other instrument or means; inscribe:Write your name on the board.
- to express or communicate in writing; give a written account of.
- to fill in the blank spaces of (a printed form) with writing:to write a check.
- to execute or produce by setting down words, figures, etc.:to write two copies of a letter.
- to compose and produce in words or characters duly set down:to write a letter to a friend.
- to produce as author or composer:to write a sonnet; to write a symphony.
- to trace significant characters on, or mark or cover with writing.
- to cause to be apparent or unmistakable:Honesty is written on his face.
- Computers. to transfer (information, data, programs, etc.) from storage to secondary storage or an output medium.
- Stock Exchange. to sell (options).
- to underwrite.
verb (used without object), wrote or (Archaic) writ; writ·ten or (Archaic) writ; writ·ing.
- to trace or form characters, words, etc., with a pen, pencil, or other instrument or means, or as a pen or the like does:He writes with a pen.
- to write as a profession or occupation:She writes for theDaily Inquirer.
- to express ideas in writing.
- to write a letter or letters, or communicate by letter:Write if you get work.
- to compose or work as a writer or author.
- Computers. to write into a secondary storage device or output medium.
- to set down in writing; record; note.
- to direct one’s writing to a less intelligent reader or audience:He writes down to the public.
- to vote for (a candidate not listed on the ballot) by writing his or her name on the ballot.
- to include in or add to a text by writing:Do not write in corrections on the galley.
- to request something by mail:If interested, please write in for details.
- to cancel an entry in an account, as an unpaid and uncollectable debt.
- to regard as worthless, lost, obsolete, etc.; decide to forget:to write off their bad experience.
- to amortize:The new equipment was written off in three years.
- to put into writing.
- to write in full form; state completely.
- to exhaust the capacity or resources of by excessive writing:He’s just another author who has written himself out.
- to put into writing, especially in full detail:Write up a report.
- to present to public notice in a written description or account.
- Accounting. to make an excessive valuation of (an asset).
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.