Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Swamped
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- a tract of wet, spongy land, often having a growth of certain types of trees and other vegetation, but unfit for cultivation.
verb (used with object)
- to flood or drench with water or the like.
- Nautical. to sink or fill (a boat) with water.
- to plunge or cause to sink in or as if in a swamp.
- to overwhelm, especially to overwhelm with an excess of something:He swamped us with work.
- to render helpless.
- to remove trees and underbrush from (a specific area), especially to make or cleave a trail (often followed by out).
- to trim (felled trees) into logs, as at a logging camp or sawmill.
verb (used without object)
- to fill with water and sink, as a boat.
- to sink or be stuck in a swamp or something likened to a swamp.
- to be plunged into or overwhelmed with something, especially something that keeps one busy, worried, etc.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.