Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Bearing
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- the manner in which one conducts or carries oneself, including posture and gestures:a man of dignified bearing.
- the act, capability, or period of producing or bringing forth:a tree past bearing.
- something that is produced; a crop.
- the act of enduring or capacity to endure.
- reference or relation (usually followed by on):It has some bearing on the problem.
- a supporting part of a structure.
- the area of contact between a bearing member, as a beam, and a pier, wall, or other underlying support.
- Machinery. the support and guide for a rotating, oscillating, or sliding shaft, pivot, or wheel.
- Often bearings. direction or relative position:The pilot radioed his bearings.
- Surveying. a horizontal direction expressed in degrees east or west of a true or magnetic north or south direction.
- Heraldry. any single device on an escutcheon; charge.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.