Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Hinge
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- a jointed device or flexible piece on which a door, gate, shutter, lid, or other attached part turns, swings, or moves.
- a natural anatomical joint at which motion occurs around a transverse axis, as that of the knee or a bivalve shell.
- that on which something is based or depends; pivotal consideration or factor.
- Also called mount. Philately. a gummed sticker for affixing a stamp to a page of an album, so folded as to form a hinge, allowing the stamp to be raised to reveal the text beneath.
- to be dependent or contingent on, or as if on, a hinge (usually followed by on or upon):Everything hinges on his decision.
- to furnish with or attach by a hinge or hinges.
- to attach as if by a hinge.
- to make or consider as dependent upon; predicate:He hinged his action on future sales.