⇑ SIMPLY Click the banner to visit this month’s prompt Page ⇑
Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Emphatic
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
[ em-fat-ik ]
- uttered, or to be uttered, with emphasis; strongly expressive.
- using emphasis in speech or action.
- forceful; insistent:a big, emphatic man; I must be emphatic about this particular.
- very impressive or significant; strongly marked; striking:the emphatic beauty of sunset.
- clearly or boldly outlined:It stands, like a great, stone dagger, emphatic against the sky.
- Grammar. of or relating to a form used to add emphasis, especially, in English, stressed auxiliary do in affirmative statements, as in He did call you or I do like it.
- Phonetics. having a secondary velar articulation, as certain dental consonants in Arabic.
- an emphatic consonant.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.
5 thoughts on “Your Daily Word Prompt – #Emphatic – #YDWordPrompt September 23, 2021”
Pingback: Fall – Louis N. Carreras, Woodcarver
Pingback: Panty girdles and Merry Widows | lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown
Pingback: Three Guesses – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Huh? – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Reena’s Xploration Challenge #200 – The Hand Knows – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀