Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Comfort
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- to soothe, console, or reassure; bring cheer to:They tried to comfort her after her loss.
- to make physically comfortable.
- Obsolete. to aid; support or encourage.
- relief in affliction; consolation; solace:Her presence was a comfort to him.
- a feeling of relief or consolation:Her forgiveness afforded him great comfort.
- a person or thing that gives consolation:She was a great comfort to him.
- a cause or matter of relief or satisfaction:The patient’s recovery was a comfort to the doctor.
- a state of ease and satisfaction of bodily wants, with freedom from pain and anxiety:He is a man who enjoys his comfort.
- something that promotes such a state:His wealth allows him to enjoy a high degree of comfort.
- Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S. a comforter or quilt.Obsolete. strengthening aid; assistance.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.