Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Equity
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
noun, plural eq·ui·ties.
- the quality of being fair or impartial; fairness; impartiality:the equity of Solomon.
- something that is fair and just:the equities of our criminal-justice system.
- Also called chancery . the application of the dictates of conscience or the principles of natural justice to the settlement of controversies.
- Also called chancery . a system of jurisprudence or a body of doctrines and rules developed in England and followed in the U.S., serving to supplement and remedy the limitations and the inflexibility of the common law.
- an equitable or legally valid right or claim.
- equity of redemption.
- the monetary value of a property or business beyond any amounts owed on it in mortgages, claims, liens, etc.:Over the years, they have carefully avoided tapping into their home equity for unnecessary expenses.
- Informal. ownership, especially when considered as the right to share in future profits or appreciation in value.
- the interest of the owner of common stock in a corporation.
- (in a margin account) the excess of the market value of the securities over any indebtedness.
- (initial capital letter) Actors’ Equity Association.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.