⇑ SIMPLY Click the banner to visit December’s prompt Page ⇑
Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Linger
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
[ ling-ger ]
verb (used without object)
- to remain or stay on in a place longer than is usual or expected, as if from reluctance to leave:We lingered awhile after the party.
- to remain alive; continue or persist, although gradually dying, ceasing, disappearing, etc.:She lingered a few months after the heart attack. Such practices still linger among the older natives.
- to dwell in contemplation, thought, or enjoyment:to linger over the beauty of a painting.
- to be tardy in action; delay; dawdle:to linger in discharging one’s duties.
- to walk slowly; saunter along.
verb (used with object)
- to pass (time, life, etc.) in a leisurely or a tedious manner (usually followed by away or out):We lingered away the whole summer at the beach.
- Archaic. to draw out or protract.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.
15 thoughts on “Your Daily Word Prompt – #Linger – #YDWordPrompt January 10, 2021”
Pingback: Water Falls – Regina's Thoughts
Enjoy my attempt at a Haiku
Pingback: Ben’s Birds – Masons Mind Menagerie
Pingback: We Make Our Own Luck: Sunday Writing Prompt – Help from Heaven
Pingback: The Molinillo, and Other Elements for a Frothy Cup of Hot Chocolate – My Slice of Mexico
Pingback: The Walk of Fame
Pingback: Prayer for the higher trajectory – Family Matters
Pingback: Exhale The Madness | awisewomansjourney
Pingback: Married to the Sun | lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown
Pingback: Natural Beauty – The Bag Lady
Pingback: The Camera And the Mirror – eastelmhurst.a.go.go
Pingback: Transformation – Don't Forget the Half
Pingback: Linger – Covert Novelist
Pingback: Saturday Song List: January 16 – My Vivid Blog