Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Resolution
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group.Compare concurrent resolution, joint resolution.
- the act of resolving or determining upon an action, course of action, method, procedure, etc.
- a resolve; a decision or determination:to make a firm resolution to do something.Her resolution to clear her parents’ name allowed her no other focus in life.
- the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose:She showed her resolution by not attending the meeting.
- the act or process of resolving or separating something into constituent or elementary parts.
- the resulting state.
- Optics. the act, process, or capability of distinguishing between two separate but adjacent objects or sources of light or between two nearly equal wavelengths.Compare resolving power.
- a solution, accommodation, or settling of a problem, controversy, etc.
- the progression of a voice part or of the harmony as a whole from a dissonance to a consonance.
- the tone or chord to which a dissonance is resolved.
- reduction to a simpler form; conversion.
- Medicine/Medical. the reduction or disappearance of a swelling or inflammation without suppuration.
- the degree of sharpness of a computer-generated image as measured by the number of dots per linear inch in a hard-copy printout or the number of pixels across and down on a display screen.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.