Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Late
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
adjective, lat·er, lat·est or last.
- occurring, coming, or being after the usual or proper time:late frosts;a late spring.
- continued until after the usual time or hour; protracted:a late business meeting.
- near or at the end of day or well into the night:a late hour.
- belonging to the time just before the present moment; most recent:a late news bulletin;The car is a late model, but I don’t know the exact year.
- immediately preceding the present one; former:the late attorney general.
- recently deceased:the late Mr. Phipps.
- occurring at an advanced stage in life:a late marriage.
- belonging to an advanced period or stage in the history or development of something:the late phase of feudalism.
adverb, lat·er, lat·est.
- after the usual or proper time, or after delay:to arrive late.
- until after the usual time or hour; until an advanced hour, especially of the night:to work late.
- at or to an advanced time, period, or stage:The flowers keep their blossoms late in warm climates.
- recently but no longer:a man late of Chicago, now living in Philadelphia.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.