Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Denial
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- an assertion that something said, believed, alleged, etc., is false:Despite his denials, we knew he had taken the purse. The politician issued a denial of his opponent’s charges.
- refusal to believe a doctrine, theory, or the like.
- disbelief in the existence or reality of a thing.
- the refusal to satisfy a claim, request, desire, etc., or the refusal of a person making it.
- refusal to recognize or acknowledge; a disowning or disavowal:the traitor’s denial of his country; Peter’s denial of Christ.
- Law. refusal to acknowledge the validity of a claim, suit, or the like; a plea that denies allegations of fact in an adversary’s plea:Although she sued for libel, he entered a general denial.
- sacrifice of one’s own wants or needs; self-denial.
- Psychology. an unconscious defense mechanism used to reduce anxiety by denying thoughts, feelings, or facts that are consciously intolerable.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.