Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Flux
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- a flowing or flow.
- the flowing in of the tide.
- continuous change, passage, or movement:His political views are in a state of flux.
- the rate of flow of fluid, particles, or energy.
- a quantity expressing the strength of a field of force in a given area.
- Chemistry, Metallurgy.
- a substance used to refine metals by combining with impurities to form a molten mixture that can be readily removed.
- a substance used to remove oxides from and prevent further oxidation of fused metal, as in soldering or hot-dip coating.
- (in the refining of scrap or other metal) a salt or mixture of salts that combines with nonmetallic impurities, causing them to float or coagulate.
verb (used with object)
- to melt; make fluid.
- to fuse by the use of flux.
- Obsolete. to purge.
verb (used without object)
- to flow.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.