Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Reserve
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
verb (used with object), re·served, re·serv·ing.
- to keep back or save for future use, disposal, treatment, etc.
- to retain or secure by express stipulation.
- to set apart for a particular use, purpose, service, etc.:ground reserved for gardening.
- to keep for oneself.
- to retain (the original color) of a surface, as on a painted ceramic piece.
- to save or set aside (a portion of the Eucharistic elements) to be administered, as to the sick, outside of the Mass or communion service.
- cash, or assets readily convertible into cash, held aside, as by a corporation, bank, state or national government, etc., to meet expected or unexpected demands.
- uninvested cash held to comply with legal requirements.
- something kept or stored for use or need; stock:a reserve of food.
- a resource not normally called upon but available if needed.
- a tract of public land set apart for a special purpose:a forest reserve.
- an act of reserving; reservation, exception, or qualification:I will do what you ask, but with one reserve.
- a fraction of a military force held in readiness to sustain the attack or defense made by the rest of the force.
- the part of a country’s fighting force not in active service.
- reserves, the enrolled but not regular components of the U.S. Army.
- formality and self-restraint in manner and relationship; avoidance of familiarity or intimacy with others:to conduct oneself with reserve.
- reticence or silence.
- kept in reserve; forming a reserve:a reserve fund; a reserve supply.
- of or relating to the animal awarded second place in livestock shows:the reserve champion steer.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.