⇑ SIMPLY Click the banner to visit May’s prompt Page ⇑
Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Assimilate
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
verb (used with object), as·sim·i·lat·ed, as·sim·i·lat·ing.
- to take in and incorporate as one’s own; absorb:He assimilated many new experiences on his European trip.
- to bring into conformity with the customs, attitudes, etc., of a group, nation, or the like; adapt or adjust:to assimilate the new immigrants.
- Physiology. to convert (food) to substances suitable for incorporation into the body and its tissues.
- to cause to resemble (usually followed by to or with).
- to compare; liken (usually followed by to or with).
- Phonetics. to modify by assimilation.
verb (used without object), as·sim·i·lat·ed, as·sim·i·lat·ing.
- to be or become absorbed.
- to conform or adjust to the customs, attitudes, etc., of a group, nation, or the like:The new arrivals assimilated easily and quickly.
- Physiology. (of food) to be converted into the substance of the body; be absorbed into the system.
- to bear a resemblance (usually followed by to or with).
- Phonetics. to become modified by assimilation.
- something that is assimilated.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.
12 thoughts on “Your Daily Word Prompt – #Assimilate – #YDWordPrompt June 16, 2020”
Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.
Pingback: Assimilation | A Bear - Poles Apart
Pingback: City Foresting – Family Matters
Pingback: Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Green Sauce – My Slice of Mexico
Pingback: Troubled Mind | rensaisei
Pingback: Daily Prompts- We have a choice – Keep it alive
Pingback: The Sadist – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Loving! – Help from Heaven
Pingback: Wish It Were True News – COBBLED CONTEMPLATIONS ~ Poetry, Etc
Pingback: Lack of Willpower During the Coronavirus Sequestering: My First Two Excuses. | lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown