SIMPLY ⇑Click the banner to visit April’s prompt Page ⇑
Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Distance
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- the extent or amount of space between two things, points, lines, etc.
- the state or fact of being apart in space, as of one thing from another; remoteness.
- a linear extent of space:Seven miles is a distance too great to walk in an hour.
- an expanse; area:A vast distance of water surrounded the ship.
- the interval between two points of time; an extent of time:His vacation period was a good distance away.
- remoteness or difference in any respect:Our philosophies are a long distance apart.
- an amount of progress:We’ve come a long distance on the project.
- a distant point, place, or region.
- the distant part of a field of view:a tree in the distance.
- absence of warmth; reserve:Their first meeting in several years was hampered by a certain distance between them.
- Music. interval
- aesthetic distance.
- Horse Racing. (in a heat race) the space measured back from the winning post that a horse must reach by the time the winner passes the winning post or be eliminated from subsequent heats.
- Mathematics. the greatest lower bound of differences between points, one from each of two given sets.
- Obsolete. disagreement or dissension; a quarrel.
verb (used with object), dis·tanced, dis·tanc·ing.
- to leave behind at a distance, as at a race; surpass.
- to place at a distance.
- to cause to appear distant.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.
9 thoughts on “Your Daily Word Prompt – #Distance – #YDWordPrompt April 23, 2020”
Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.
Pingback: Out there – A Shared Space
Pingback: Finding Happiness – Nova's Namastè 365 Online
Pingback: Blushing Twilight – Family Matters
Pingback: Tanka: Moon Notes – Whippet Wisdom – a Highland Journey
Pingback: Lens-Artists Challenge – Mind Your Distance – Blog of Hammad Rais
Pingback: Shards – Claudia's Blog
Pingback: Daily Prompts- Corner shop – Keep it alive