Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Challenge
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc.
- something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc.:Space exploration offers a challenge to humankind.
- a call to fight, as a battle, a duel, etc.
- a demand to explain, justify, etc.:a challenge to the treasurer to itemize expenditures.
- difficulty in a job or undertaking that is stimulating to one engaged in it.
- Military. the demand of a sentry for identification or a countersign.
- Law. a formal objection to the qualifications of a particular juror, to his or her serving, or to the legality of an entire jury.Compare peremptory challenge.
- the assertion that a vote is invalid or that a voter is not legally qualified.
- Biology. the process of inducing or assessing physiological or immunological activity by exposing an organism to a specific substance.
- Hunting. the crying of a hound on finding a scent.
verb (used with object), chal·lenged, chal·leng·ing.
- to summon to a contest of skill, strength, etc.
- to take exception to; call in question:to challenge the wisdom of a procedure.
- to demand as something due or rightful.
- Military. to halt and demand identification or countersign from.
- Law. to take formal exception to (a juror or jury).
- to have a claim to; invite; arouse; stimulate:a matter which challenges attention.
- to assert that (a vote) is invalid.
- to assert that (a voter) is not qualified to vote.
- to expose an organism to a specific substance in order to assess its physiological or immunological activity.
- Archaic. to lay claim to.
verb (used without object), chal·lenged, chal·leng·ing.
- to make or issue a challenge.
- Hunting. (of hounds) to cry or give tongue on picking up the scent.
- donated or given by a private, corporate, or government benefactor on condition that the recipient raise an additional specified amount from the public:a challenge grant.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.