Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Trick
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- a crafty or underhanded device, maneuver, stratagem, or the like, intended to deceive or cheat; artifice; ruse; wile.
- an optical illusion:It must have been some visual trick caused by the flickering candlelight.
- a roguish or mischievous act; practical joke; prank:She likes to play tricks on her friends.
- a mean, foolish, or childish action.
- a clever or ingenious device or expedient; adroit technique:the tricks of the trade.
- the art or knack of doing something skillfully:You seem to have mastered the trick of making others laugh.
- a clever or dexterous feat intended to entertain, amuse, etc.:He taught his dog some amazing tricks.
- a feat of magic or legerdemain:card tricks.
- a behavioral peculiarity; trait; habit; mannerism.
- a period of duty or turn; stint; tour of duty:I relieved the pilot after he had completed his trick at the wheel.
- the group or set of cards played and won in one round.
- a point or scoring unit.
- a card that is a potential winner.Compare honor trick.
- Informal. a child or young girl:a pretty little trick.
- a prostitute’s customer.
- a sexual act between a prostitute and a customer.
- a preliminary sketch of a coat of arms.
- engraver’s trick.
- of, pertaining to, characterized by, or involving tricks:trick shooting.
- designed or used for tricks:a trick chair.
- (of a joint) inclined to stiffen or weaken suddenly and unexpectedly:a trick shoulder.
verb (used with object)
- to deceive by trickery.
- Heraldry. to indicate the tinctures of (a coat of arms) with engravers tricks.
- to cheat or swindle (usually followed by out of):to trick someone out of an inheritance.
- to beguile by trickery (usually followed by into).
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.