Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Course
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- a direction or route taken or to be taken.
- the path, route, or channel along which anything moves:the course of a stream.
- advance or progression in a particular direction; forward or onward movement.
- the continuous passage or progress through time or a succession of stages:in the course of a year; in the course of the battle.
- the track, ground, water, etc., on which a race is run, sailed, etc.:One runner fell halfway around the course.
- a particular manner of proceeding:a course of action.
- a customary manner of procedure; regular or natural order of events:as a matter of course; the course of a disease.
- a mode of conduct; behavior.
- a systematized or prescribed series:a course of lectures; a course of medical treatments.
- a program of instruction, as in a college or university:a course in economics.
- a prescribed number of instruction periods or classes in a particular field of study.
- a part of a meal served at one time:The main course was roast chicken with mashed potatoes and peas.
- the line along the earth’s surface upon or over which a vessel, an aircraft, etc., proceeds: described by its bearing with relation to true or magnetic north.
- a point of the compass.
- Nautical. the lowermost sail on a fully square-rigged mast: designated by a special name, as foresail or mainsail, or by the designation of the mast itself, as fore course or main course.
- Building Trades. a continuous and usually horizontal range of bricks, shingles, etc., as in a wall or roof.
- one of the pairs of strings on an instrument of the lute family, tuned in unison or in octaves to increase the volume.
- the row of stitches going across from side to side in knitting and other needlework (opposed to wale).
- Often courses. the menses.
- a charge by knights in a tournament.
- a pursuit of game with dogs by sight rather than by scent.
- golf course.
- a race.
verb (used with object), coursed, cours·ing.
- to run through or over.
- to chase; pursue.
- to hunt (game) with dogs by sight rather than by scent.
- to cause (dogs) to pursue game by sight rather than by scent.
- Masonry. to lay (bricks, stones, etc.) in courses.
verb (used without object), coursed, cours·ing.
- to follow a course; direct one’s course.
- to run, race, or move swiftly:The blood of ancient emperors courses through his veins.
- to take part in a hunt with hounds, a tilting match, etc.
Definition from Dictionary.com
Make sure to check out the comment links and pingbacks to view other posts inspired by today’s prompt.
To participate in This Daily Prompt, S publish a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Thank you, and happy blogging.